Heavy equipment

Heavy equipment

By : -

Our main concern when acquiring an asset is to preserve it and in the event of a loss, to be able to replace it. Today we will talk generally about a policy for Heavy Equipment.

This policy provides coverage for damages that may occur to mobile equipment that does not require a license plate and are at times required to move over public roadways.

This equipment includes:

  • Tractors
  • Backhoes
  • Cranes
  • Graders
  • Farm Equipment


  • Fire and/or lightning
  • Theft
  • Explosion, except the explosion originated within a steam boiler or internal explosion
  • Cyclone
  • Tornado and/or hurricane
  • Flooding (flooded streets)
  • Earthquake
  • Collapse or sinking of bridges, piers or sewers
  • Collision
  • Mud slides

This policy covers the equipment itself. Therefore you must consider contracting an additional policy covering civil liability in order to cover possible damage to third parties that may be caused by the equipment.

In order to provide you with a quotation for this policy, we need to obtain certain information:

Make, model, series, value, year, engine, weight. If other information is required, the insurance company will so advise.

We recommend that you approach your insurance broker for more details if you require this policy and request several quotations to obtain the best coverage and rates.